BioQueue is constantly being updated, below are the updates which had beed introduced since the original publication of BioQueue in 2017.
- Moved from Python 2.7 to Python 3.x;
- Workspace: allowed users to add multiple workspaces and assign jobs to workspaces;
- Version control for protocols;
- Conda environment: allowed users to activate specific conda enrironment before running a specific step (will automatically deactivate after the step finishes.)
- Sample pool: managing uploaded files/samples with additional information about them (like sample name, sequencing depth, preprocessing, citation, etc);
- Job name filter: allowed users to filter jobs with certain keywords;
- Archiving and sharing job outputs with collaborators via Google Drive;
- Job integrity check:
- Is this job analyzed with the newest version of protocol? (If true, the job will be marked as yellow)
- Are there any changes among inputs or outputs of this job after its finishing? (If true, the job will be marked as red)
- Appearance of job cards: changed the order of job input, parameter, output dir and manipulative buttons;
- Open platform: To improve stability of the service, BioQueue's open platform is now moved from NEFU to our own server. So the previous link (bioqueue.nefu.edu.cn) in our manuscript should be replaced with open.bioqueue.org.